If you want to look back on your life and avoid being filled with regret, here are 7 things you need to stop doing right now:
1. Letting somebody else choose your life. Don’t allow other people to decide your mission or your path.
2. Worrying about what others think. No matter who you are, there are going to be people who judge you simply because you exist and have a point of view.
3. Spending time with negative, evil, or destructive people. Even if someone is family, wasting your life on an emotional vampire is a choice, not an obligation.
4. Running away from change. Any time you take a risk or challenge yourself, you grow from it. Even if things don’t turn out the way you expect or hope, it’s a lesson learned.
5. Trying to micromanage the universe. You can’t control every person or situation. The sooner you accept that, the less disappointed you’ll be.
6. Acting lazy or wishy-washy. It’s like being a ghost of a person. By the same token, if you’ve worked hard for something, don’t compromise.
7. Waiting until tomorrow. Tomorrow may be another day, but it may not include you.
Want more Dr. Laura? Join the Dr. Laura Free Family to listen to Dr. Laura's daily Call of the Day and receive her Daily Dose newsletter!