I married the most wonderful man in existence. I was 18, he was 26. We were engaged after a month and married 3 months after that. I love my husband more than the day we said "I do!" It was the smartest move I have ever made. We have 3 amazing children. One of them is studying medicine, another is studying political science, and our daughter is autistic. She drives, works, and is starting college in the spring.
Maybe I'm just the exception to the rule. Marriage is NOT work! What do people do when they "work" on their marriage?
It's simple, here's the secret to a successful marriage:
- You LOVE each other.
- You support each other emotionally.
- Communicate! Communicate!
- Try to give MORE than your share.
- When you hit bad times, you support each other and DO NOT tear each other down.
- Be honest with each other and with yourself.
- LOVE EACH OTHER!!!
If you can't do those things, you have no business being married.
What do you think are the ingredients to a successful marriage? Tell us, by signing up for the FREE Dr. Laura Family and send an email here.