Our dog, Molly, passed away last month. She was an integral part of our family and embodied loyalty, happiness and unconditional love. She was an energetic student willing to learn and perform many tasks for her favorite treats, but Molly was an even better teacher than student. Here are just some of the lessons she taught me by her behavior, our experiences together, and sometimes, just by how she looked at me...
1. Give everyone a chance to be loved and respected.
2. If the door doesn’t open, sometimes it just needs a nudge.
3. There’s often a hidden treasure buried in the trash.
4. Obedience reaps rewards.
5. Naps are re-energizing!
6. Be assertive enough to get your fair share and kind enough to let others lick the plate too!
7. Tell your family often that you love them.
8. Once in a while, run like the wind.
9. Listen a lot more than you bark.
10. Be someone others are happy to be around.
What I Learned From My Dog, Molly
The Dr. Laura Call of the Day Podcast