|As a Family Premium member, you have several options to listen to the Dr. Laura program. You can listen to the Podcast on demand or iTunes Podcast. The Dr. Laura program is not available live online, but as a Family Premium member you can listen to the archived shows anytime.
- Log into your DrLaura.com Family Premium account and click on Podcast. This will take you to the Podcast page.
- In the Podcast page, select the month and year from the drop down list. Click on a date to bring up the programs available.
The Dr. Laura program will be listed by Hour 1, Hour 2, and Hour 3 with a short description for each hour. Call of the Day is also available in this section and Bonus Calls are available for Family Premium members only.
- There are several options to podcast on demand. You can listen from the Podcast page (you will need Adobe Flash Player installed for this option), you can download the show and listen from your computer, or you can listen in a separate window.
- To listen on the Podcast page, click on the "Play" button. This will bring up the audio player and begin playing the hour you select. To listen to another hour, click on the "Play" button for the hour.
- To save the show to your computer, right-click on the "Download" link, then click "Save target as" or "Save link as" (depending on the web browser you are using) .
This will open a dialogue box, select where you would like to save the file on your computer, and click the "Save" button. This will start a download process of the MP3 file to your computer. Once the file has completed downloading, you can listen to the file on your computer, or transfer it to your MP3 player/device.
- To listen to the program in a separate window, click on "Listen in Separate Window" link for the hour.
This will give you a pop-up window and begin playing the first hour for the program you selected. To listen to another hour from that program, click on the hour listed there.
To podcast the program in iTunes, log into your DrLaura.com Family Premium account and click on Podcast. This will take you to the Podcast page.
- Subscribe directly to the podcast by clicking the iTunes button. This will open up iTunes.
- In iTunes, click on the triangle next to the podcast to expand it to the Dr. Laura programs to download.
To download old episodes, right-click on "Dr. Laura Full Show Podcast" and click "Show Old Episodes"
- Click the "download" button to save a file to your computer.
To podcast the show directly from your Android phone, you must install a third party app. We suggest the free app "Podcast Addict." To subscribe to a podcast with a third-party app:
- Download "Podcast Addict" by visiting the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict&hl=en.
- On your device, open your web browser and go to http://www.drlaura.com/mobile/login.jsp.
Enter your username and password. Then, tap "Login" to log into your account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap the orange "Podcast" button.
- The Dr. Laura Full Show podcast will be the second option on the page. Tap the blue "Subscribe to the Podcast" button below the Full Show Podcast heading.
- After you tap the blue button, you will be given two options. Tap the "Podcast Feed" option.
- A window will pop up at the bottom of the page that says "Open with." Select the "Subscribe with Podcast Addict" option.
- Your device should switch to the Podcast Addict app with a window called "New Podcast." Select the checkbox for "Private Feed" and then tap "Add."
- This will load the podcast on your Android Phone.
To podcast the show directly from your Amazon Fire, you must install a third party app. We suggest the free app "Podcast Addict." To subscribe to a podcast with a third-party app:
- Download "Podcast Addict" by visiting the link https://www.amazon.com/APPDICTIVE-STUDIO-LLC-Podcast-Addict/dp/B00CNGA1PS.
- Once you have installed "Podcast Addict," open your Kindle Fire's web browser and go to http://www.drlaura.com/mobile/podcast.jsp.
- Tap the Podcast URL and hold your finger until you get the option "Select All." Tap the "Select All" option.
- Press and hold your finger on the Podcasting URL until you get the option to "Copy." Tap the "Copy" option.
- Open the Podcast Addict App and tap on the plus button with a circle around it, located on the right hand side.
- A menu will open up that will allow you to select a source. When choosing the source, please select "RSS feed, YouTube/Twitch channel, Soundcloud url".
- A menu box will then open and hold down the field where you can enter the URL. Hold your finger down and tap "Select All." Then, select "Paste". It will paste the URL from the website into that field.
- Tap the box for "Private Feed" to select it.
- Next, tap on "Add" to subscribe.
- This will load the podcast on your Kindle Fire.
To podcast the show directly from your Amazon Echo, you must install a third party skill. The free skill "AnyPod" supports the Dr. Laura Call of the Day podcast.
Playing Dr. Laura Call of the Day on Amazon Echo with Alexa Help:
- Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device (be sure you have the latest version installed from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store).
- In the Alexa app, tap the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of your screen to reveal the menu.
- Tap Skills.
- Tap the Search bar in the upper right portion of your screen and type "AnyPod" and then tap SEARCH.
- When the result AnyPod appears, tap it.
- Tap the button Enable. The AnyPod skill will now be enabled for your Echo device.
- Speak to your Echo device, say "Alexa, open AnyPod" ... Alexa will respond with "AnyPod at your service".
- Speak to your Echo device, say "Alexa, play Dr. Laura Call of the Day" ... Alexa will begin to play the Dr. Laura Call of the Day podcast. If you paused at an older episode and wish to hear the latest release then say, "Alexa, play the latest Dr. Laura Call of the Day".
Note: It's important to say the commands as noted above. Some users may be saying Dr. Laura's (possessive) Call of the Day ... it must be said as "Dr. Laura Call of the Day" - or - you may say "Call of the Day".
You can learn more about using AnyPod skill at this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HY3T7Y
If you have any questions about podcasting the Dr. Laura program, please contact Customer Service for assistance.