To download an MP3 file to your computer, right-click on the link or button for the file you'd like to download, and select Save Target As...
- In Firefox 2.0 or higher, go to "Tools -> Options -> Content / File Types -> Manage...". In Firefox 1.5, go to "Tools -> Options -> Downloads / Download Actions -> View & Edit Actions".
- Select the "MP3" file type entry and click 'Change Action...'
- Select "Save them on my computer".
- After doing this, you will not need to right click on the "MP3 Download" link; just clicking on the link will open up a save prompt.
To download an MP3 file to your computer, first try simply clicking the link. Newer versions of Safari and Firefox will automatically detect the type of file you're attempting to download and will ask you where you'd like to save the file. If this doesn't work, hold down the mouse button or command-click on the link or button for the file you'd like to download, and select Save Link As...
If you are still having problems with downloading MP3 files even after trying these steps, contact Customer Service with a detailed description of your problem so that we may further assist you.
Podcasting is a method of delivering multimedia content to iPods and similar devices. Podcasts allow users to automatically receive new content as it is published. Subscribing to a podcast allows you to listen on your iPod or MP3 player any time or place that it's convenient for you.
Family Plus Members of drlaura.com are each assigned a unique podcast URL. The URLs can be found here: http://www.drlaura.com/podcasthelp
You will need to download and install podcast subscription software of your choice on your computer, and then copy and paste the URL(s) for the podcasts that you wish to subscribe to into the software.
We recommend using iTunes for your Podcast. Here's how to add drlaura.com podcasts to iTunes.
If clicking on the "Add to iTunes" button does not automatically open iTunes and subscribe you to the podcast, then:
- Download iTunes to your computer (PC or Mac).
- Install iTunes on your computer.
- Once installed, open the iTunes player.
- Go to http://www.drlaura.com and log into the site with your account information.
- Click on Podcasting to find your unique podcast URLs. You can click on the "Add to iTunes" buttons to automatically subscribe to a Podcast.
- Highlight the entire URL and copy it by right-clicking and selecting "Copy" (or type CTRL + C).
- Open iTunes and go to Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast...
- In the prompt box, paste the URL you copied (right-click in the box and select "Paste," or type CTRL + V).
- Hit OK. You have successfully subscribed to your Podcast.
If you find that your podcast is not updating successfully, please try logging out of your account and logging back into your account on drlaura.com.
If you find that you are only getting the 10 minute sample podcast, please check your membership status to confirm that you are registered as a Family Plus Member. You may also try unsubscribing from the podcast and following the steps above to subscribe again.
You do not need an iPod or iTunes to use podcasts. All of our podcast files are encoded as MP3 files, the most universal audio format for listening on various devices. You can listen to each podcast file using almost any computer audio application, including iTunes, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, WinAmp, etc. You can even burn MP3 files to a CD so you can listen to them in your car or at home on your stereo. You can also transfer these files to any portable media device like the iPod or other MP3 players.