|1. What is the purpose of Dr. Laura's program?
Dr. Laura is available to help people with a wide range of personal, work, and family problems. She "preaches, teaches and nags" about morals, values, ethics, and personal responsibility.
2. I have a dilemma. How do I call Dr. Laura?
3. I have a comment for Dr. Laura, not a dilemma. Do I still call the radio program?
- Call the program at 1-800 DR LAURA (1-800-375-2872) between the hours of 11:00AM - 2:00 PM
Pacific Time (that's 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. Central Time/2 p.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern Time).
- Be sure to turn your radio OFF (not just down) when you call. You will be able to hear the program if you are put on hold.
- Call from a landline phone if possible. If you must call from a cell phone, be sure to move to a quiet area, and pull over if you're in your car.
- Once your call gets answered by our screener, be prepared to state your question.
Focus on the overall philosophical problem, and not just the specifics of your situation.
Tell the screener how you expect to be helped by Dr. Laura.
- Write your question down, so you don't forget it if you are put on hold waiting for Dr. Laura to pick up.
- When speaking with Dr. Laura:
- You will briefly hear some static on the phone line. Immediately after that, you'll be on the air live with Dr. Laura.
- Stick with the original story you told the screener.
- Don't present more than one problem - it'll be confusing to other listeners and to Dr.Laura if you add layers to your question, unless you're asked about them.
- If Dr. Laura asks you a "Yes" or "No" question, don't respond with, "I don't know."
4. I don't want to call into the program. Is there another way to submit my dilemma?
No. The on-air phone lines are only for people with dilemmas only. For comments, please email Dr. Laura
, or write to her at:
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
P.O. Box 8120
Van Nuys, CA 91409
Dr. Laura gets thousands of requests for help, and it is impossible for her to respond to those requests outside of her radio program. However, she occasionally does answer questions of a more general type in her YouTube videos. You may submit your question via email for review, but calling into the radio
5. Are there transcripts available of Dr. Laura's daily program?
program is still the best option for getting through to Dr. Laura.
There are not transcripts of the daily audio program but there are transcripts of the YouTube videos You can, however, listen to the past audio programs by becoming a Dr. Laura Family PLUS member.
6. Can Dr. Laura recommend a local mental heath professional?
Due to the volume and widespread geographical diversity of requests for such information, Dr. Laura is
7. Dr. Laura mentioned a specific letter or article on the air. Where can I find it?
unable to provide personal recommendations.
Letters and articles are posted to www.drlaura.com as quickly as possible, but sometimes it can take up
8. I missed Dr. Laura's program today. How can I hear it?
to a day before they are added. When they become available, the letters will be inside the "Letters" tab and the articles can be found under the "Program" tab inside the "Recommended Articles" section.
By subscribing to Dr. Laura Family PLUS, for less than 25 cents a day, you can listen to today's program
9. Does Dr. Laura have a mobile app?
and previous programs. You can also download the program manually or add it to your iTunes.
Yes. You can download Dr. Laura's "Moral Compass" for free to your smartphone or iPad. There's also a paid version with enhanced features available that can be accessed from drlauraapps.com