I love your brutal honesty, telling callers what others don’t always have the guts to say. Over 20 years, I’ve developed a list of the Top 10 things I’ve learned by listening to you.
Here they are:
10. Feelings are not facts.
9. “It happened” is not remorse.
8. The world does not revolve around you.
7. Be your husband’s girlfriend, and your kid’s mom.
6. The Marriage 101 course has saved marriages.
5. Children need a mommy and a daddy in the same home, unless there is abuse. Protect the children.
4. If you answer questions with “I don’t know,” Dr. Laura will hang up on you.
3. Women: don’t be unpaid whores.
2. Don’t use the word “guilty” unless you have done something illegal or immoral.
1. Between now and dead, is this the way you want to live your life?
My life is not perfect, which is why I listen! I use you and the advice you give as a catalyst for change.
The Top 10 Things I've Learned from Dr. Laura
The Dr. Laura Call of the Day Podcast